Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MONDAY HON...on Tuesday

I planned to post this yesterday but it took me a while to figure out my new phone! Monday Hon posts will be all the little (and sometimes big) reasons that I love-love Baltimore.

So for this inaugural post...I chose The Great Halloween Lantern Parade!!




The parade celebrated it's tenth anniversary this year - it's so hard to belive I was there for the first one! It is quite a spectacle with stilt-walkers, impromptu bands, human lanterns and Halloween costumes all rolled through the dark paths inside Patterson Park. The best part is that anyone can jump in line with their lantern and join the amazingly alternating raucous and solemn creep through the trees. Our favorite spot is always right behind a jazzy band of fellows playing slightly spooky music with brass and drums and even accordians. It usually ends with a Magic Lantern Show as the Grande Finale, projected on a huge screen. Kudos to the parade Director, Molly Ross, for a brilliant mesh of her fantastic vision with a truly community event!

No comments:

Post a Comment